20090609

D700 in the grave yard


Eugene Green

I checked out RCC's new D700 for over the weekend, and it is an amazing camera. It's easily the most advanced dSLR we have available to us at school, and my top choice for low-light photography. But all that being said, I still prefer the Canon 5D. It's three years older than the D700 and outclassed in a lot of ways, but it's still my favorite. There's just something intangible about the 5D and the beautiful images it produces. Of course, I now love the D700 almost as much.

Nikon D700
Nikon AF 24-85 f/2.8-4 lens
blue-magenta LED flashlight
green laser pointer
Adobe Photoshop CS4


-composite of 4 images
-1 lit by bouncing a strong green laser pointer off near-by graves
-2 lit with LED flashlight from different angles
-1 ambient-lit
-composted using layer opacity
-camera shadow removed/masked-out using Patch Tool and Healing Brush
-multiple star trails Spot Healed-out

layers

No comments: